My First True French Cuisine Experience: Cuisses De Grenouille
All of you have definitely heard about frog legs, the world-famous French cuisine masterpiece. But definitely very few of you have ever tried cooking or even eating them. This weekend I was doing routine shopping and noticed frozen frog legs, and as a true innovations lover decided to try them.
Frankly, the result made me a frog legs lover too, and from now I will be certainly cooking them on holidays and for guests.
As they are a little bit expensive that’s not the product you will eat every day, but its absolutely perfect for surprising guests on family and private celebrations, and it’s really worth learning to cook frog legs.
So, here is how you actually cook them:
1) wash frog legs in running water;
2) beer-soak the legs within two-three hours;
3) mix sieved flour with spices and fine herbs;
4) dry the legs with a paper napkin and dredge them in the flour and spices and herbs mix;
5) fry the frogs legs in olive oil and butter till they get gold-colored;
6) put them on a dish, add potherbs and a few drops of lemon juice.
Hope you will enjoy becoming a French cuisine chef too.
Good luck and Bon Appétit!